|Washington Stars Quilt Guild
|Fabric Exchange has been updated to:
|Swaps are currently on hold.
If you or your small bee would like to
organize swaps for this year, please contact
Sharon Welsh or Jayne' Nelson
|General Swap Guidelines
- Swap quilt-shop-quality fabrics unless the swap calls for something different
- Fabric or project should fit the designated theme
- Width of Fabric (if applicable) should be a minimum of 40”
|Brown-Bag Swap Guidelines
- Collect your fabrics or project according to the Swap theme.
- Place the designated fabrics or item in a plain brown paper bag. "Plain" means the donor can't be readily identified by the markings on the bag. (See more, below)
- There should be NO Donor-Identity MARKINGS on the bag: Do not put your name or initials on the bag.
- You can put a sticker or symbol identifier known only to you on the bag. The sticker or symbol prevents you from picking up your own bag. Don't tell other Swap participants which bag is yours. Store logos are OK as long as they can't be traced to you individually.
- It's OK to decorate the outside of the bag, and might be fun.
- Enclose a note with your name and words of encouragement
- Add a small treat with your swap item(s), if you like.
- Fasten, tape, staple, or otherwise fix the bag closed (no peaking!)
- Bring the bag with the fabric in it to the designated WSQG meeting.
- Drop off your bag with the Swap Coordinator on your way into the meeting room.
- Pick up a bag on your way out of the meeting.